Monday, June 5, 2017

Raining Down Miracles

lying on the grass being missionary models haha
At MLC this past week, President Brown reminded us that now that the temple is dedicated and running, Heavenly Father is ready to pour down His blessings upon us like rain, and I can tell you that if that's the case, this week it was raining cats and dogs! I can't wait to tell you all of the amazing things that have been happening here!

So, this week started off in Lyon. We were there for my last MLC, which in total makes 11 that I've been to. I've been going to those things since my first transfer in the office... it was a special MLC though, because every one in my group, the 111's, so the missionary's who came in and will go home with me, were all there! There were 30 of us who will all go home at the end of this transfer, and it was so so so great to see them all! It's incredible how fast it has gone, because I remember when we were all sitting there in that same chapel as bleus, waiting to get our trainers. It was such a good conference, we talked about how, now that the temple is finished, what's next? Well, what's next is inviting people to come unto Christ and be baptized. It was so cool to watch as we received revelation as a mission leadership to know that we can engage 170 people to baptism before the end of this transfer. Which leads to the other miracles.

My missionaries 111
So, you remember Gustavo, that really cool Venezuelan man we met on Sunday? We had a rdv with him on Thursday and we engaged him to baptism on the 18 of June. He said that he would because he feels like this is truly the path for him. He is so cool, and has so many good questions. He has seen the hand of God in his life, and it shows in his faith. Unfortunately, the spirit told us that he should probably be taught by the Spanish elders so he can better understand, so we passed him to them, even though he said he loves us the best haha. But he came to samedi Sportif and it was a lot of fun!

office elders pic- I'm the one going away and the oldest haha
And then one of the biggest miracles of my mission. On Wednesday we got a call from a member who was at the church and a random guy showed up. He gave him our number, and we thought we had his right number but it was the wrong one, so we could only pray that he would call. HE DID! He called and we fixed a rdv for Saturday. He showed up and we showed him a little tour of the chapel, he took it all in. We talked about the Plan of Salvation (which was the only pamphlet the member could find to give him) and he had already memorized the kingdoms of glory. He said that he has been looking for Jesus for a long time. His name is Alexandre and he is so so cool! Luckily, there was a baptism at the same time, and we went to show him. He said that he wants that, he wants to be cleansed. The spirit told us to invite him to be baptized on the 18 of June as well, and he accepted! He is honestly one of the most prepared people I've ever met. He asked when we could meet again! Pray for him to continue to prepare!

waiting for our ride
We also did a lot of service this week, with members and their friends. We helped Soeur Muller and her friend put up IKEA things, but they are both so stressful in certain situations so it was like trying to work under two little mice who were trying to do everything! Hahaha her friend kept trying to use one of those hand winding flashlights to help and it was giving no light haha. We helped the Benteles do yard work, and it felt so good to do that again! Then we helped the Volpicellis with their friend, who is going to come to FHE soon!

We also carried a couch through the streets of Ferney Voltaire and everyone thought we were thieves, either that or just Mormons haha.

That was our week. I feel so blessed to be seeing so many miracles, even as my mission is coming to a close. I can't believe this is happening, but I've had to start facing the facts, even if it makes me feel sick haha. I'm trying my best to do everything I need to to finish strong. I know that I am being carried by angels, whether they are in the form of missionaries, members, amis or strangers, or real angels. I love this work. I love these countries, these people, this calling. I wouldn't trade it for the world, not even when I sit down and immediately fall asleep because I'm so tired haha. This is the work of Salvation, and it is rolling forth, and I am so lucky to have been rolling right along with it!

I love you all! Thank you for the prayers and thoughts! Have a great Week!

Love,

Elder Hall

Your Favorite Missionary

No comments:

Post a Comment