Monday, June 12, 2017

Hall monitors

"its elementary my dear Hoffmann" 
Another week bites the dust Hall monitors. It's getting harder and harder to write emails, but I'll keep trying my best. This week was great! We had an exchange and a fake out exchange haha also, when we were doing our shopping today, there is this guy in Ferney (where we live in France) who always finds us and gives us his spare change because he says he never gives anything for Jesus so he counts it as filling his dues. haha

So our exchange was with The English elders, and I went with Elder Caramelli! It was a great exchange, and we were able to go to the Wyss' house to help them with family history and eat. There was a giant storm though, so the sisters were late, so we ended up staying there for longer than expected, but we had some other RDVs so it was a good exchange. I love that Tahitian, he is just so sincere and kind. I learn a lot from him after every exchange, and he is the only one that has been here in Geneva as long as I have.

picnic!
Elder Hoffmann (whom I lovingly refer to as Elder Collègue 90% of the time) and I went to teach this referral we got from the Spanish elders. His name is Mario, but he was kinda crazy. He reminded me of a chameleon because his eyes were also kinda crazy. But he said he didn't quite agree with some of our doctrine, yet he has never read or prayed about it, so we tried to explain that in order to gain knowledge il faut put in the effort but he didn't want to. Something that I've learned is that everyone has their agency (whether we like it or not). That's one of the most important parts of the Plan our Heavenly Father made for us.

Spanish elders = chauffeurs
And in speaking of that, we invited Alexandre to come eat with us at the Cornetas house (our bishops family), and we didn't answer our calls or texts. We even made cookies to deliver to his house for his family, and for some less actives, and still no answer. I have faith that he will be touched by the spirit at some point, because he is a good man, very in tune with the spirit. Even if his time isn't now, I know it will be at some point. But we will keep praying for him!

poop pillow party
On Friday we went to three members houses in a row, the Cornetas, the Muellers, and the Fidalgos. I love all these people! We wanted to bring the fidalgos something so we went to the store and bought them a little emoji poop pillow family 💩. They loved it! They are so hilarious, and I always feel at home when we are with them. And the Muellers are as amazing as always.

The work is still going well. Geneva is great because there are so many different kinds of people to talk to and teach. I love the feeling of warmth and truth that comes when I testify of the truthfulness of this church and our Savior. I love the boldness that I have acquired in doing this work, that I can testify without any doubt, and speak the words the spirit puts into my mouth. I am not perfect by any means, and if there is anyone that can improve dramatically, I would say that person is me, but I love this calling.

Thanks for all your prayers and love. Have a great week!

Avec amour,
Elder Hall

Your Favorite Missionary

No comments:

Post a Comment