Monday, May 15, 2017

Green Temples and Tender Mercies

a patisserie that was too expensive but sooo good
So I don't know if anyone reads these besides the people I already saw yesterday, so if you do you I think you're great haha It was so fun to see my family, although I felt like they aren't real, and it was all just staged because after everything went right back to normal missionary life and it felt like a dream. But anyway, that's life as a missionary! This week was so full of things to do, we hardly even had any RDVs yet we were constantly busy.

On Tuesday we were trying to fix some things we had forgotten about in the way of stake business that we usually take care of, but we couldn't use the computers because the room in the church was being painted so we had to go to this sketchy part of town and use a cyber cafe to do all that (haha just writing this makes me sound so spoiled haha but seriously who goes to cyber cafes nowadays?) Then we tried to plan for Zone conference, then took a train to Lyon for our exchange with the assistants. We had a great conversation with this evangelist young African on the train, and it made me again thankful for the knowledge I have in this gospel. Then we were crossing a street and a guy stopped us and talked to us for about 45 minutes. He said that whenever he sees the missionaries we are dressed so well, our teeth are so good and we have a light. He was super funny and at the end he said "I don't know how many people thank you for what you do, but I want to be one of the ones that does. Thank you for making the world a better place." That really touched me, because that was the first time a random person has actually said thanks for the work I have been doing for 2 years here. It was a tender mercy.

exchange with elder underwood
My exchange was with Elder Underwood, and it was really great! I love doing exchanges with the assistants because I served in their ward for 3 transfers so we can go visit members that I love! We saw Sr. Barachant who is as cute as ever, another Soeur who is my friend, and had a great rdv with their ami who just needed to feel loved. Then we saw The Zinn's! They are the amazing American family whom I just love. It was so fun because all the kids remembered me and we were just able to laugh and laugh haha

We came back and the next morning we cleaned a ton for our apartment inspection, and the Austin's did it, and the best part were the cookie bars she brought us! We did some shopping for Zone conference food, then we had our interviews with president. It was great to see them, and my interview was good as always, plus I got my recommend for the Paris temple dedication on Sunday! Elder Menzel joined in our équipe for the next couple days, and it was so fun to spend more time with him!

Zone conference (sad seeing my friends leave)
On Friday we had Zone conference, and it was all about Eternal Marriages and temples. Elder Hoffmann and I gave a "green temple report" talking about how our zone is doing in helping people find ancestors to bring to the Paris temple dedication. We made a big sign with the Paris temple on it made out of the names of the people our zone has helped, and overall we have found 1117 names to do ordinances for! Then we also made little green temples (like the ones on family search but with the Paris temple instead of the salt lake) and hid them everywhere so they had to find them! So fun! Then the Soeur presented about eternal marriage and it was cool to learn and think about, especially since that's (weird to think about) the next stage of my life. EEEEKKK! For lunch Soeur Austin made my favorites: homemade macaroni and cheese and meatballs!

delicious Italian food
We also had stake conference this past weekend and it was really good. My favorite part was when the stake president said that sometimes the Spirit gives him "un grand coup de pied dans les fesses spirituelle" hahaha

So there, a very busy but very good week. Lorrane is still doing well every week! Geneva is warm and I love it!

This week for our presentation, we read in Luke 15 about the parables Christ gave, when three things were lost and found, we hope much joy the people had when they were finally found. Just like in D&C when we are told that our joy is great when we help bring but 1 soul to Christ, so it is greater when we bring many. I feel that joy as I participate in missionary work for both sides of the veil. I feel the spirit as we teach and testify about temples and families and as I see people change and turn towards Christ. How great has been my joy! I know that this is true and I testify of it!

I love you all! Have a great week!

Avec amour,

Elder Hall

Your Favorite Missionary

No comments:

Post a Comment