Monday, January 2, 2017

Le Nouvel An


New Years Eve, when in Bordeaux...
Happy 2017 everyone! It was sad to see my blackout year (the only year of my life that I will spend in only France doing only missionary work) pass by, but on New Years Eve as I laid in bed and thought about all of the amazing people I've met, experiences I've had and places I've been, I was overwhelmed (and also tired). There is nothing in the world quite like a mission. It is a boxed up, 2 year miracle. En tout les cas, we had a good week this week.

our exchange!
We went on an exchange this week with an equipe here in Bordeaux. Both missionaries are Tahitian, and I went with Elder Teriihaunui, (sound it out) and it was so so fun! We were asked last minute to help a young adult member move, so we left early in the morning and took a train to where he lives and spent the whole day moving him with his family. They are Brazilian and it was a lot of fun! The dad really liked to talk about American sports, and usually I can just pass that off to my companion, but my temporary companion was a Tahitian so I just had to pretend like I knew who these sports players and teams were! I think he was satisfied though with my responses of "oh ya, he always makes the ball in the basket" and "I think they did win in 2003". But Elder Terii was so fun, we had to ride in the back of a moving truck in the dark, but we were safe, don't worry. He is so fun and hilarious, and we spoke French nonstop for 24 hours.

our exchange!
We have been doing a lot of passbacks of old amis that we found in the area book. There have been a couple people home, and the rest just didn't answer, but we decided that we might as well reach back out and if there is anyone ripe, we can harvest them! Haha

We were able to go to a part member family's house for New Years Eve, la famille Baquedano. Soeur Baquedano made us an amazingly French dinner with 7 courses! We had smoked salmon, noix de St. Jaques (which is like seafood), salad, Magré de Canard (duck side), cheese, and dessert and other stuff I forgot. It was so so good! 

The husband is not a member, but he is warming up a lot to the missionaries. He brought out a box of what seemed to be cookies and when he opened it, it was full of cartoon looking TNT sticks. He was like "ya, were going to blow these up" and he started setting them off in the backyard and they were just popping. Also, the sister made a bûche, which is a cake
that looks like a log. It was so fun and so delicious!

Also, we ate at the Vendassi's and another family, les Coppens and it was so great, because i just love these members here! And they love us!

I just want to leave you with this thought, as we start this new year, let's find ways to share the gospel with those around us, remember the love of God for ourselves and all His children, and may we repent every day, using Christ's special gift to become, little by little, more like Christ, and closer to our final destination, eternal salvation.

I love you all! Have a wonderful week and year!
Avec amour,
Elder Hall

Your Favorite Missionary







No comments:

Post a Comment