Monday, November 7, 2016

How Many Frenchmen Does it Take..?

It's already November... I can't believe how fast October went by and the whole year! Well, it's not over yet, because Thanksgiving is coming still and we have big big plans for thanksgiving 😏I don't know what it feels like at home, but here it is very cold. My fingers get pretty frozen, but the work must go forth! Yesterday we were contacting for a couple hours and by the time we taught the last guy my French accent was completely gone because I couldn't feel my nose and it's impossible to have a French accent when you can't use your nasal. Anyway, let's get on with it!


we were planning on the floor
This week was groundbreaking for our mission, because we got a Area Book Planner App. So now we are in the process of going through our area books and transferring all of the information into the app. It takes a long time and it was frustrating at first because we had no idea how to use it, but I think we're getting the hang of it. There's still weird little things, but something that I like is that when we put in our lesson descriptions we always get to put a title, and so, seeing as I love titles, I got to go pretty creative all over our amis lessons. That actually sounds pretty lame when I write it out... WE HAVE TO BE EXCITED ABOUT SOMETHING!

We got to go to a members house for FHE this week, I hope you remember the Vendassi's! They are so cool, they have two little kids, Marc-Ange (who is the funniest kid I've ever met) and Gabrielle (a little girl who was sick and is suspicious of the missionaries haha). They had us give the message and then we drew a big picture together and ate. We gave Gabrielle a blessing and when a couple days later, we asked Frere Vendassi how she was doing and he said that when she woke up the next day, she was back to normal! The priesthood is so great, and so is being a dad probably haha.


Angouleme District!
We went to District Meeting in a ville called Perigueux. President Brown sent out a video for us all to watch there. He said that starting immediately, and taking precedence over anything else, we need to start working with part member families. He said that this is how we are going to reach our goal of 250 baptisms by the end of the year. We still need 111 but I have faith that we can do it! We got the ward council involved with helping us get the names of the families and fixing RDVs with them. I can't wait! Then we had a super great lunch, and I told a lot of stories from my life and everyone was laughing for so long it made me feel so happy haha.

Then we went on an exchange with the Angouleme district leader Elder Duffy who came into the mission with me and his blue, elder Sorensen, who I was with last time. Elder Duffy is so funny and so naïve so it was a fun exchange. We talked to a ton of people and taught them, we even gave out of Book of Mormon to a 17 year old girl who gave us her number (but it actually turned out to have one too many numbers so we had to try every combination to invite her to church but apparently none of them worked haha...) Elder Duffy and I taught English class and we did speed dating talking about personality traits but mostly no one did it right. It was fun anyways.
We also helped a family in our ward move (that family who we've basically built their whole house) and it was impressive how many elders and high priests came, and even Jordan came! He is basically a member!! WHY WONT HE JUST GET BAPTIZED?? We had to stay behind with Sr. Catherine because there weren't enough places in cars, so us three helped move the fridges and machines, then we had a lesson with him. He had to leave, but we went to help unload everything at the new house and when it was all unloaded someone noticed a big hinge on the moving truck was broken off so all the men tried to fix it by hitting it with weights and hammers. How many Frenchmen does it take to straighten a hinge? The answer is 9.
This is the super cool train info board at the Perigueux gare (it's like olden times haha)

I want to talk about true Christianity for a minute. There are a lot of Christian's in the world, people that proclaim to follow Christ and live by his teachings, there are a lot of those in France. But very few Christians today are actually Christian. Often, when we try talking to people, they look at our plaques, see Jesus Christ and something like "no, I'm already catholic. I don't need that." I have been thinking a lot about that lately, about how when we are truly followers of Christ, we love him and want to "talk of Christ, rejoice in Christ, preach of Christ and prophesy of Christ." It's not enough to say "I believe in Christ so blerg." and do nothing. I've met some amazing Christians on my mission, people who love him, and it shows. We are His disciples, and as such, we should always be willing to see His name and praise it. As we do so, we will be blessed with "a remission of our sins" knowing that it is by, in and through Him that we are saved. Let's be true Christians!

Have a great week! I love you all!
Avec amour,
Elder Hall


Your Favorite Missionary

No comments:

Post a Comment