Monday, November 14, 2016

Times and Seasons


a French tortoise
Let's start off with the hot topic: There's a phrase in French that is "je me suis trompée." It means that I duped myself or made a mistake or something. Anyway, this week the French people informed me of the election results and so we can just say that "on s'est trumpé" haha. I don't really have any opinion on anything because I'm a missionary and I don't know what happens really in the world. But French people weren't very happy, except this one lady who was actually really nice and was a good Christian lady. I think it was one of the only days on my mission where people actually approached us to talk to us. So we tried our best to slyly change the conversation to Jesus and it worked a couple times! It's been a great week, and I want to elaborate so we'll move forward.


if you remember cherry, you'll be 
pleased to meet Framboise! 
We got to fly back to Lyon this week for MLC. I LOVE IT THERE. I'm so lucky I've gotten to serve in the best 3 villes in France. We were instructed by president and the assistants all about how to work with the ward council and the bishop. We were taught about priesthood keys and it really clicked that our bishops hold the keys for our wards, and we are here to help them, not just plow over them. We also talked about the new revelation that President Brown has received, the need to teach and baptize part member families so they can go to the temple! That is our big push now, and we were instructed it is the priority for proselyting time, to work with members and part member families. That also made a lot of sense to me. One more tool we got to help us work is a game that was made by the office and president. It's to help members better use the interrregion plan and gives them ideas for how to better bring amis to church, do genealogy and be autonomous. We've played it a couple times and it works pretty well! Fun story: I taught a lesson on the plane to a guy I was sitting next to and we figured out we had the same flight on the way home, so we "fixed a RDV" and he technically became a new ami! Then we went through security at the same time on the return flight and talked even more. I never thought I would teach a lesson on an airplane during my mission...


Marc Ange! 
We were able to visit a couple different families in our ward this week, la famille Vendassi and Lancelot. I love love love the
Vendassi's! Their son Marc Ange is just so funny! And their daughter Gabrielle is super cute and finally is warming up to us. We talked about my dad birthdays and they died laughing. I think this is my favorite ward I've served in so far, the people are so great, and they even like us! Haha we were challenged by president to visit our bishop and ask what we can do as missionaries to help him and the ward, and just let the spirit guide the conversations because sometimes bishops don't like missionaries. Our bishop is a hard man to read, so we weren't sure how it was going to go. Us and the sisters walked in a rain storm to his house, got lost, and when we got there we just prayed before ringing. He answered, ushered us in, and took our wet stuff to dry by the fire. His wife saw my drenched shirt and made me wear a brand new one she bought for her son who is on a mission but never used. It was so kind! We then spent the next hour and a half laughing and discussing how to best serve our ward, and the bishop even came up with an idea of doing an activity with a full size game of what president gave us! He really trusts us now and I've never actually seen him laugh or smile like he did that night. It's amazing what love and communication can do!


Bordeaux's Belt! 
We had Zone training and we presented and it was super fun. I love our zone and when everyone gets together it's like a family! We made beef stroganoff and we gave out candles. Let me explain. Our theme as a Zone this transfer is Ecclesiastes 3:1 which talks about how there is a time and a season for everything. Because now is a time to work with part member families and baptize them, as well as the season of gratitude, giving, and the holidays! So we gave everyone a little light up candle and told them to make an ornament out of it so our Christmas tree at Zone conference is all lit up for the season! But it's true that there is a time for everything. I've seen that all throughout this year, in my personal life, as well as in the mission. Some people's times are sonner than others, all things will come in the Lords timing, there's no need to worry! I trust that God knows what He's doing. 😉 but for now, it's the time of Thanksgiving, and the season of Christmas, my favorite time of the year! I can't wait to see what it brings. I know it will bring miracles, because if ever there was a time for miracles, it's right now.

Have a great week! I love you all!
Avec amour,
Elder Hall

Your Favorite Missionary

the office elders (I'm the oldest one in the mission right now!)

No comments:

Post a Comment