Tuesday, August 18, 2015

That's a lot of Negative Nancies at the Breakfast Buffet

Me doing the cliché missionary pic
Whew! The weeks are flying by! I can't believe that I only have 1 more P-day until I'm in France. That is absolutely crazy to me! What's even crazier is that school is starting and life is still going on outside of the MTC. But I'm glad to hear everything's going well with everyone! All is well here. I have some funny things to share and also some spiritual ones, as always. I want everyone to know first off that every morning I'm pretty sure the Holy Ghost drags me out of bed on time, because I honestly don't know how I am waking up day after day! If that was the only blessing I got on my mission; the blessing of waking up on time- I would be 100% A-OK with that! But alas, tis not my only blessing and so I feel your prayers and the love of my Heavenly Father on a daily basis as I receive answers to prayers and am slowly refined.


Our fingers with acorn hats
So this week, our teachers told us that we needed to "parlez votre langue" more. That is "speak your language". Can I just tell you how much I love the French language?! It is definitely a challenge to learn but I love figuring it out! In school we would tackle one subject and kind of linger on it for a couple weeks, but here we take a tense (I've learned 7 tenses of French) and we learn it for an hour and then the next hour we are using it in a lesson with an "Ami de l'église" (investigator). So we do days where we go on an English fast and only speak French for an allotted amount of time. Like, you cannot say 1 word of English or else you have to go for 5 more minutes, etc. So I went for 7 hours only speaking French and it was amazing! I feel so blessed that the Gift of Tongues is a thing, because if not I would be triste et moche (look those words up)! We are going to do more this week, but I just look forward to the day when I can speak French fluently and know that I have so much to improve on until then! But I can prepare and teach 3 different 40 minute lessons in French, I can pray, bear my testimony, I've even written a couple talks, and everything is grammatically correct! My innards are happy! :) That was weird... Je suis désolé.

The title of my email is from my teacher, Soeur Waldron. She is my hero! She is so funny and so kind. She reminds me a lot of Tori in some ways. But she always can say such profound things in a humorous way and she said that the French will think I'm adorable. Yay! 

our pantry :)
So I have kind of started showing my district more parts of my personality than they thought were there (you all know how crazy I am). So my family sent me a huge package of food and treats. I loved it! But guess what? Every missionary gets huge packages with food and treats and so we all kind of sit around and get diabetes. Our room was pretty full of boxes of food so I had a grand idea... are you ready for this...? I took an extra closet in our room and made *drum roll pleeeaaasseee* A PANTRY! My family will understand this. I took all of the food and sorted it and placed it, organized on food type and whatnot, in the pantry. Hooray! I'll send some pictures of it! It made me super happy and reminded me of home. :) 

FIESTA NIGHT
I also had an idea yesterday, because of the food, to have a Fiesta night and kind of clear out the chips and things. So we all got our poncho's on (mostly just towels) and had chips and salsa and popcorn and told stories. It was great! I'm glad my district loves me enough to go along with my crazy themed ideas ;)

We have great devotionals here and I am reading Jesus the Christ and also my scriptures and everything else ever, so there's never a thirst for spiritual revelation because I'm always kind of receiving it! So we had a speaker come, his name is a sentence. C. Scott Grow. Yup. I got a kick out of that! But anyway, he talked about serving with all our heart, might, mind and strength. He said that God makes us MIGHTY when we serve with all our MIGHT. I learned that I need to consecrate this time to the Lord and am trying my absolute hardest to do that. I just want to be a good, obedient, missionary, and I know that through the love and power of Christ I can be! I love Jesus Christ with all of my heart, might, mind and strength. I know He is my Savior and Redeemer. He means everything to me, and I testify of His inexpressible love for each of you. If you are struggling, keep going. He knows how it feels. If you need an answer, ask. He wants you to learn. If you think you need to stop and help someone, do it. When we serve others, we are serving Him. The Spirit is real. The Church is true. In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen. 

I love you all! Je vous aime TRES TRES BEAUCOUP! 

Sinsily (that's English, and for Chandon and Kyra),

Elder Hall


No comments:

Post a Comment