Monday, March 14, 2016

The Law of the Harvest

milk mustaches 
Frankly, I don't even know where to start with this week. It was one of the most amazing weeks I've ever had here! (I know I say that a lot, but I always mean it. They just keep getting better!) I'll just preface this with a little explanation. Do you remember when I told you that president brown and the mission made a goal to get 187 new engagés (people with baptismal dates) before Elder Christofferson comes and speaks to us all, which is tomorrow. Now, 187 is a big number and we've had a month to get there, but this week we still needed to get 90 more, that meant 9 a zone. Our zone leaders did a conference call where they challenged us to try to get 12 more as a zone. Look for what I learned about harvesting and whatnot as you read through, as well. So, with that in mind, here's how this week played out. MIRACLE ALERT!

We had fixed a RDV with a woman in an important looking building on Tuesday. We went and as we were waiting, all the receptionists were whispering about us. We decided to talk to them and pretty soon a big crowd of maybe 12 women were interrogating us and listening to our explanation. Something important to know is that everyone always think that we are témoins Jéhovah, (jehovahs witnesses) and so they initially don't like us, but as we explained, we softened the hearts of them all haha I felt like Abinadi in King Noah's court. I feel like at least one of those women will be an Alma, but in any case we planted some seeds. We went into the RDV and were able to teach a woman who is pretty high up in a social governmental type thing, and she trusts and respects us, though nothing came out of it, but we did make a cool ami!

Angela!
Now, we have worked pretty hard these past couple weeks porting and finding new potentials and ami's, so we decided that we needed to go through and either make them into ami's and thus engage them to baptism, or to cross them off the list and move on. So on Wednesday we had what we called a "Harvest Day". We went back and knocked on every door of every potential we had. Some answered and said no, some didn't answer, and we did a lot of crossing off. We ended up weeding out a lot more than harvesting, and after a dropped RDV, we were wondering if we were going to harvest anything at all. It was with this mindset that we started walking about to our apartment. On the way, a moto stopped us and a woman under the helmet asked if we were still meeting at the hotel for church. We said yes, then she said that she lived right there, gave us her address and her name and we told her we would pass by in an hour. So, in an hour we passed, we were let in, and Angela, the woman, turned out to be an old ami of the missionaries a couple years ago. She said that when she saw us, she knew that she needed to talk to us. So she did. She said that she knows that this church is the true church and wants to do everything to come to Christ. We engaged her to baptism and she accepted! When we left, we all just freaked! In the end, we DID harvest something, but it was from a seed planted a long time ago!

zone p day in aix en Provence 
We had a district meeting, or what I like to call a "Corsica conference" also, with the elders from Bastia and then the new senior couple, the Vendassi's. We did it in their new super nice house, and it was awesome. They are the new branch president and wife, but Pres. Vendassi is corse. He is so inspired and just what we needed! He talked about the priesthood and told us that we, as priesthood holders, NEED to be using it. We need to be offering blessings to as many people as will accept. So that's what we did! Since then, we've given 3 blessings to ami's, and one to a recent convert. The priesthood is so real, and after every blessing, the person was crying, even if the French wasn't perfect, they felt the calm and peace of the spirit.

at the beach!
Well, we have a lot of stable ami's right now, we are teaching a lot, the group is improving and the members are sorting things out, and we will be having some baptisms pretty soon. I couldn't be happier with where I am, and I am so thankful to my Heavenly Father for the blessings and miracles he gives me. It's incredible, and often I don't feel adequate for them, but I will accept them as they come! As far as I know, our mission has reached, even exceeded the goal of engagés.

Now, we will be blessed to hear the inspired words of a servant of the Lord, and I am so excited! Whether I am planting the seeds, weeding the garden, or reaping from the "field that is white, already to harvest". For you reap what you sow, and if we reap righteousness and truth, we will sow righteousness and truth. I know that I am in the service of my Savior Jesus Christ, and it is in His life giving light that I stand and boldly pronounce that He lives.

I love you all, have a great week!
Avec amour,
Elder Hall

Your Favorite Missionary

No comments:

Post a Comment